eRipples: a free weekly splash of inspiration
version 2.50 [Monday, December 11, 2000]
Stress is good and bad.
Good stress creates poets, keeps deadlines and motivates.
Bad stress is that which you endure when you cannot turn challenging
events and other frustrations into good stress.
-adapted from a submission by Michael C. Copeland Jr.
An Everyday Survival Kit
1. Toothpick – to remind you to pick out the good qualities in others.
2. Rubber band – to remind you to be flexible.
3. Band Aid – to remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else’s.
4. Pencil – To remind you to list your blessings everyday.
5, Eraser – to remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and it’s okay.
6. Chewing gum – to remind you to stick with it and you can
7. Mint – to remind you that you are worth a mint to your family and friends.
8. Candy Kiss – to remind you that everyone needs a kiss or a hug everyday.
9. Tea Bag – to remind you to relax daily and go over that list of
-unknown, submitted by several eRipples subscribers
Many of us are facing STRESS this time of year and whether it comes
from final exams or end-of-year reports or holiday hosting it can be
ICKY! Remember that the right kind of stress in the right amounts
can be stimulating. Do yourself a favor and spend some time this
week thinking about your stress levels and plan some activities to
prevent or manage burnout. Take care of YOU!